Updated the German, Dutch and Hungarian localizations.
- The FFmpeg video importer was ignoring a 270° rotation of videos.
- When trying to download SharpDX to a folder in which you have no write permissions, the app was crashing. Now it asks if you want to elevate the process.
- The troubleshooter was not able to reposition correctly the windows when the primary monitor had a scale different than x1.
- The recorders where not able to be moved sideways (via arrow keys) correctly when the primary monitor had a scale different than x1 and while having other monitors with different scales.
- The older recorder was not opening in the correct position after being closed when in a secondary monitor to the right, while the primary monitor had a scale different than x1.
- By using the scroll wheel in the width and height number boxes, while having a screen scale different than 1, it was not moving the cursor to the correct position.
- When switching from a smaller screen resolution to a bigger one, the screen selection was not updating and limiting itself to the new available size.
- The selection mode of the new recorder was not displaying correctly in the secondary monitor to the left of the main monitor, if it had different scale.
- It was possible to start updating the app while encodings were running. Now a warning appears explaining that there is an active encoding being processed.
Just bug fixes.
- If you tried to open the app while not having .Net 4.8 installed, a crash was happening the before the message could appear explaining that .Net 4.8 was required.
- Gifski was shrinking the size of gifs bigger than 800x600.
- It was not possible to download FFmpeg.
Updated the Korean, Russian, Hungarian, French, Dutch, and Chinese (Simplified) translations.
- Using non-supported shortcut keys (Shift + [non-function key] or just [non-function key]) as the recorder shortcuts (record, pause, stop) was crashing the app.
- The 'interaction' capture frequency was not working with clicks on fullscreen mode.
- After opening and closing the options window while on fullscreen mode, the recorder was displaying the guidelines.
- The 'Pause' button on the taskbar preview was using the 'Stop' icon (also, two Stop buttons were being displayed).
- The window icons (minimize and close) were not being updated to match the selected theme (dark vs light).
- The updater window was clipping outside of the screen (when the text inside was too big).
- The screen recorders were not working on Windows 7.
- Some texts were not translatable.
- Redesigned the newer recorder UI (you can still use the compact mode if you wish).
- Added better support for multi-scale set of screens.
- The new recorder UI performs better, it's less laggy when selecting a screen region.
- You can now drag the screen region selection after selecting it or during recording with the new recorder UI.
- Displays the recording time (hover with the cursor on top to see the captured frame count) and shows a counter for manually captured frames.
- Added a capture mode to capture frames only when the user clicks and types (it ignores input while focused within the recorder itself).
- Added a capture mode option, to capture only when something changes within the capture region (it can be activated with PerSecond, PerMinute and PerHour modes).
- You can now display guidelines (customizable rule of thirds and/or crosshair) in the screen recorder.
- New obfuscation methods: Darken and lighten parts of your frames.
- You can set the obfuscation to be applied to the inverse of the selection, with or without smoothened edges.
- Replaced the old folder selector dialogs with a modern variant.
- When saving a project, the button near the folder path now lets you select a folder by default. To select a folder and filename, press Shift while clicking on that button.
- Improved mouse input capture system.
- Added an optional (but default) confirmation dialog when discarding a recording.
- Added the option to display the discard button during the recording (not just when the capture is paused).
- Added scaling quality options for the resize feature.
- Added the option to download updates as a Zip to replace the executable manually (for those users who can't execute installers).
- The screen recorder now displays the recording status over the taskbar icon.
- Added the option to opt-out from the recorder remembering the previous recording region (size and/or position).
- Updated Gifski to version 1.2.0 (if using portable version, erase the old DLL and download it again to update).
- Updated the Hungarian, Ukrainian and Italian translations.
- The update could fail if the update window was opened before the download of the update finished.
- The recorder (newer UI) was not detecting some windows (those without the system title bar).
- When capturing with the DirectX, the capture was crashing if the recording area was outside of the screen.
- When selecting a small screen region with the newer recorder, near the side edges, the capture controls would be displayed outside of the screen.
- The newer recorder was crashing in selection mode when the selection was occupying the more than 90% of vertical space, while tucked to the right side of the screen.
- When exporting a file with a name with emojis and selecting to copy the filename after encoding, the emojis were not being copied correctly.
- The cinemagraph feature was not working correctly when the frame image had a different DPI than the screen.
- When capturing using the older recorder and moving the window could result in a long pause (while the window was still being moved) in the recording.
- Added missing f, z, g, t, and K date and time formats to the automatic file naming feature.
- When the "Single instance only" mode was enabled, dragging and dropping a media file into the executable or into the shortcut of ScreenToGif would show the app window but it would not load the file.
- When applying a feature multiple times, the image quality would start to degrade (the image would become blurry).
- The troubleshooter is now correctly displaying the position of the windows in multi-DPI systems (also it can now detect screen settings changes while opened).
- Removed the indefinite taskbar button animation when importing media.